On April 29, 2020, the Belt and Road Initiative in Sweden [BRIXSWEDEN] sponsored a high level webinar on the COVID-19 pandemic, writing “An extraordinary webinar was held in Stockholm, Sweden on April 29, 2020, pulling together Ambassadors, healthcare specialists, economists and think tankers from 12 countries to discuss the role of the Health Silk Road and Belt and Road on building a global healthcare front line against COVID-19 pandemic and other epidemics and diseases.” Hussein Askary, the chairman of the BRIXSWEDEN, and Ulf Sandmark wrote an accompanying article entitled: “How the Belt and Road contributes to a global healthcare system”, which was published in the May 15th edition of the EIR, and which is linked here.
The speakers are listed below, with links to their presentations. Also, see the May 5th edition of the Executive Intelligence Review for an excellent overview of the conference and summaries of the presentations.
- Panel One: Why International cooperation is indispensable in the fight against COVID-19. Video here.
- Hussein Askary, Introductory Remarks. Board member of BRIX and Moderator. Video here.
- H. E. Mr. Gui Congyou, Ambassador of China to Sweden. Video here.
- H. E. Mr. Dragan Momcilovic, Ambassador of Serbia to Sweden. Video here.
- H. Excellendy Mrs. Datin Paduka Nur Ashikin Mohd Taib, Ambassador of Malaysia to Sweden. Video here.
- Mr. Irfan Ahmad, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Pakistan to Sweden. Video here.
- Dr. Goran Tomson, Karolinska Institute. Video here.
- Q&A Session Panel One. Video here.
- Paanel Two: The Role of the Belt and Road in Building a Global Health Front Line. Video here.
- Mrs. Helga Zepp-LaRouche, Chairwoman of the Schiller Institute, Germany. Video here.
- Mr. Thore Vestby, Former MP, Co-Founder of ICHI Foundation, Norway. Video here.
- Mr. Michele de Gasperis, Chairman of the OBOR Institute, Italy. Video here.
- Ulf Sandmark, Chairman of Belt and Road Institute in Sweden, BRIX. Video here.
- Mr. Shakeel Ramay, Director of Asia and China Study Center, Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan. Video here.
- Ms. Isabelle Hannouche, China-Africa Trade Expert, Teranga Trade, Shanghai. Video here.